Saturday 3 July 2010

Top 5: To-do list software (mostly free)


Lists fall under the heading of something I like to call "constructive procrastination". I find list making is essential to feeling in control of the many tasks that you have to do - but before I looked into list making software I used to have multiple sets of paper lists that I would inevitably lose.

This was when I investigated the computer to-do list options, and found multiple ones to choose from. I have found a list of the 5 top ones, some browser based (thus accessible from multiple computers) some requiring installation on your computer itself.



pros:
- it's free
- lets you give items points... which I would totally use to say "done A, B and C now, earned enough points to get myself a coffee..." or something
- it's pretty

cons:
- online (not a negative really, though you did say you preferred something you could access on your laptop without being online. Online ones do have the bonus of being accessible from any pc though. They also have the benefit of being, generally, free :)



pros:
- a nice summary of pros is here
- also, if you use the google homepage , you can add it to that :)
- also it's free

cons:
- online - though it is available on the iphone too



pros:
- simple interface
- nice organisational touches (to do dates, projects etc)
- free

cons:
- online - though also available on the iphone

4) To do list Project (for Windows)


pros:
- downloadable (ie you can stick it on your laptop)
- simple to use, fairly intuitive
- free

cons:
- not the nicest looking design ever...



pros:
- lovely interface
- can split tasks into projects
- can split tasks into 'now' and 'next' ans schedule recurring ones

cons:
- not free...
- mac only

No comments:

Post a Comment