Thursday 22 April 2010

First Steps...


Well, hi, didn't think it would take me this long to get this far. For the record the whole mysql/wordpress thing is much more of a headache than it's worth... two days of fighting with installation and terminal has meant total abandonment of that initial plan. Saying that, it's not all bad - I always liked the clean look of blogspot so I'm obviously where I should be! Hmm, starting my blog off on a negative I suppose is not the best way forward!


I have lately joined afew things which I'd been putting off for a while - such as Farmville and, lately, Twitter. That in particular seems to be mentioned all the time lately, and I figured something that popular must be popular for a reason... certainly worth checking out anyway. I had been under the impression I'd have to have loads of friends on Twitter to begin with, and as most of my friends preferentially use facebook (with status updates being very similar to Twitter) I thought it would be more of the same and that kinda put me off. How wrong I was! Having become almost immediately hooked, I now understand my previous reservations were totally misgiven. It's like a user-friendly incarnation of irc, and an on-the-pulse connection to worldwide info and opinions which I really find quite fantastic.

I also met a girl on there (@jenjeahaly) who introduced me to the concept of 'a blog a day' which seemed like a good idea. Figured it would give me the chance to get my writing skills back on par, try out this blog thing in general - and it would continue my trend of New Things which is always good! I was meant to start on January the first apparently - but better late than never!

So, er, hi...

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to Twitter and hopefully also to #oneaday! You did well running into Jen - lovely lady. Always tricky trying to convey Twitter to people who haven't used it. Really glad you're enjoying it, and look forward to seeing more blog posts from you!

    Oh, and WordPress has two signup places as I recall. One with all the bizarre mysql stuff, and one totally straight forward template number. Still, you've made it look all lovely here now, so bit late to tell you though... sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, well I do seem to do this the hard way accidentally - and I do like the way this place looks now :) Thanks for the heads up though, maybe when I have more real time and less penchant for procrastination ;p

    Also, muchos thanks for the welcome :)

    ReplyDelete