Monday 26 April 2010

New Week, New Plan!



Typically, the first day of my new plan (see this previous post) missed the two straight weeks of glorious sunshine and so thus was a white, misty damp Swansea morning. Saying that I got up at 7 on the dot and went for a run and everything. I also have the full intention of going to tesco today to buy the food for my healthy eating plan, and have just spent about half an hour setting up a variety of things in excel to chart and measure and generally motivate me forward. This is a good beginning! For the record I'm a total novice, very unfit and overweight, with the only upside being I'm now gonna do something about it! So, I wanted to share with you the awesome thing which I think will be integral to my success in this endeavor... the ipod application 'Get Running'.

GetRunning ipod app :)
Essentially, it's a brilliant personal running coach, designed to get you from 'couch to 5k' in about 9 weeks by the looks of it. I don't mind how long it takes really though. It's done in intervals, to build up from even the most basic of levels (ie me) - so today it was run for a minute, walk for a minute and a half, repeat 8 times... It's very well done, with a 'soothing female voice' helpfully informing me when to run, when I'm halfway through, when I've got the last 10 seconds of running - a feature which was amusing to begin with but necessary by the end! (Yes, told you I was a beginner!) It also told me when it would be a good time to turn round halfway through the run to come home, which I thought was a nice touch. So well recommended, by myself and many others (which is why I thought I'd try the app in the first place). Oh and all this for only 79p! How awesome is that!


No comments:

Post a Comment