Thursday 6 May 2010

(My) top 5 motivations to run


Well, I've just begun, and my beginners edge is dampened by my utter lack of fitness... so I think it's good to have afew of these to bring to mind. I also think it's worth noting that these are
my motivations to run... We're all different, though I imagine some would be the same for everybody. Interestingly, the bbc has found running motivations differs for men and women, with men being more competitively driven, a women being more motivated by reasons such as weightloss and feeling 'better'. Well, logical, and no argument there!

1 --> loosing weight (very necessary)

2 --> getting fit (also necessary)

3 --> looking better (see steps 1 and 2)

4 --> feeling better about myself (see steps 1 and 2 and 3. Also, I have a tendency to make goals like this and not follow through. Especially with my weight. Hopefully completing this will make me realise I can accomplish things again)

5 --> making others proud of me (a small hope, but it's there)

No comments:

Post a Comment